Holy shit! 2 Months?
This gives me anxiety in a way I’ve never experienced before. You don’t even want to know about the panic attacks that I’ve had in the past few months!
[insert major freakout here!]
We are only two months away from our wedding day. At this point I feel a mix of panic and calm. It’s hard to explain my state of mind. I’m calm because I feel like we have done our best, we have thought hard about every single detail and have worked hard on adding things that reflect who we are as a couple. And I panic because. Just because.
This past month we have done so much, it’s even hard to list it here or remember! But, here we go:
1. Both our wedding rings are here but they need to get resized. I take a peak on them all the time. I mean, ALL THE TIME!
2. Shoes are in. I struggled to find shoes. I had a few pre-requisites: they needed to be comfortable, either flats or wedges because of the terrain, something I would wear after the wedding is over and beautiful! I think I did a good job!
3. Guestbook: all aspects of the guestbook are ready! I just framed a few signs and I’m loving it!
4. Tattoo bar: done and done. All tattoos have arrived from Tattly and our custom tattoos as well. Tattly sent and sponge and water bottle for the station and the signs are also ready and framed!
5. The cake plate and knife arrived and both follow the botanical theme!
We started making a few final decisions about our honeymoon
, a few changes and booked flights so far! We can’t wait to share our final itinerary/plans. Here
is our original honeymoon post!
7. Invitations were printed and are on their way to everyone’s homes. Invitations was something that I really struggled with. I love paper so much and I wanted something special, that would reflect the theme, location of the wedding, but also who we are and I think we have finally chosen something I’m proud of and can’t wait to share here as soon as everyone has received theirs!
8. We took care of wedding portraits with Amy. We sent her our ideas, outfits, props, shoes, everything we plan on using on the big day and she put together the cutest wedding portrait for us. I framed the originals and printed the RSVP cards with the portraits for everyone!
9. Groom’s Attire. I ordered a lot of the pieces B. will be wearing, such as shoes, belt, boutonnieres, shorts, pants, socks, pocket square, and I’m only missing the jacket now! All chosen from the Ludlow Suite from J.Crew.
10. Videographer. We have hired a videographer! He also is bringing a drone to get air shots! ow awesome is that?
There is probably a lot more that happened, but things are going so fast at this point! I’m a bit lost!
I’m focusing on decor now. Since it’s an absolute DIY wedding, I’m starting to work on back drops, props, etc… Did you see the red vintage luggage we scored at the flea market?
We are also finalizing details for the Couple’s Shower. I’m heading home in about two weeks to spend time with family/friends and for the shower! I can’t wait! I think this will be the first event that will feel like really, we are getting married!
Some of the recipe cards we sent to our family and friends are arriving in the mail. We are so excited about it! It’s so wonderful to share recipes with the people we love and also cook their favorite meals so we are together even tough we are so far away!
Friday, September 19th: Hike and BBQ
We are preparing a few surprises for our friends who will be in town on Friday. At 3pm we will all go for a hike around Estes Park and when we return, we will celebrate with a BBQ dinner. We chose a more laid back day instead of a traditional rehearsal dinner and since we don’t have a classic bridal party, we will not be rehearsing anything (although Bret does not agree with this at all, he wants to rehearse! Go figure…)
In preparation for this wedding, I started a diet and exercising as soon as we decided to get married back in February. I’ve been hitting the gym constantly (although, I could probably do better!) and have started to eat extra healthy, mostly veggies, fruit and lean meats. It’s not easy, though.
It’s finally hitting me I’ll probably not be on my desired weight at all. So far, I’ve lost only 18 lbs and by now I’m so tired of dieting, it’s so tiring to constantly plan your meals, run to the market for fresh food plenty of times a week, saying no to all the deliciousness that Bret suggests and, eventually, brings home against my advice.
I understand this is a battle for a lifetime for me. But, dude, how I wish I didn’t have to go through this… It’s a struggle every single day!